The Master Cleanser
The Master Cleanser
by Stanley Burroughs
"The Lemonade Diet."
It's the easiest way to give a rest to your digestive organs, and, together with salt water flush, to achieve effective cleansing of your bowel, your kidneys, your liver and your whole body.
LEMON DRINK for Master Cleanse:
- 2 tablespoons FRESH squeezed lemon or lime juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons genuine organic maple syrup, Grade B (the darker the better)
- 1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper, gradually increase (the more BTUs the better)
- 10 oz. pure water
MIX: 2 tablespoons fresh (and organic, if possible) lemon or lime juice (absolutely no canned or frozen juice). 2 tablespoons real (and organic, if possible) grade B or C maple syrup. (Don't use Grade A maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup. They are over-refined, which means that they are mostly refined sugars and lack essential minerals.) A small pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste). Spring or purified water, between room temperature and medium hot (cold water may be used if preferred). Mix all the ingredients by thoroughly stirring or shaking, and drink.
If you have diabetes or hypoglycemia, use blackstrap molasses.
Take from six to 12 glasses of the lemonade daily during the waking period. As you get hungry just have another glass of lemonade. Drink the lemonade mix every 1 to 2 hours. NO OTHER FOOD SHOULD BE TAKEN DURING THE FULL PERIOD OF THE DIET. Drink purified water in addition to the lemonade drink as desired. Do not use vitamin pills. The lemonade contains all the vitamins and minerals you need. (It's a good idea to read Stanley Burrough's book.)
SALT WATER FLUSH:
Drink salt water upon arising. To do this, add 2 level teaspoons of uniodized sea salt (ie: Celtic Salt) to a quart of lukewarm water (the one-quart juice bottles in which most organic juices come work very well). Shake well, then drink the entire quart. It's also good to massage the colon as well. Make sure you use uniodized sea salt; regular or iodized salt will not have the same beneficial effect. This oral enema will flush out your entire digestive tract and colon from top to bottom, usually within an hour, prompting you to eliminate several times, Clearing out the plaque and debris from the walls, and the parasites that have been living there.
Each evening you can drink an herbal laxative tea (Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals) to help with elimination, do this right before bed time.
(NOTE: Mint tea may be used occasionally during this diet as a pleasant change and to assist in further cleansing.)
GOING OFF LEMONADE FAST
(Burroughs recommends a minimum of 10 days on this.)
- First Day: Start with 4 oz. [1/4 liter] fresh squeezed orange juice mixed with 4 oz. water. If it goes well, drink several more 8 oz. [1/2 liter] glasses of fresh orange juice during the day. Sip slowly. Dilute with water if needed.
- Second Day: Drink several 8 oz. [1/2 liter] glasses of orange juice during the day -- with extra water, if needed. In the evening make a vegetable broth (no canned soup). Use seasonal leafy and root vegetables such as: beets and beet tops, turnips and turnip greens, kale, carrots, onions, parsley, celery, potatoes, okra, one or two kinds of legumes, squash, beans, brown rice, a little salt, cayenne pepper and dehydrated vegetables or veg. powder may be added for flavor (no MSG or hydrolyzed protein). Cook lightly. Drink the broth, eating only a few bites of the vegetables.
- Third Day: Orange juice in the morning. At noon have some more soup with some of the vegetables. No meat, fish, eggs, bread, pastries, tea, milk, or coffee. For Dinner, have the vegetables in the soup.
- Fourth Day: Orange juice or lemon and maple syrup in the morning. Fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts for lunch. Salad or fruit for dinner.
- Fifth Day: Eat normally but no junk food, dairy, tea, coffee, white flour or white rice, heavy animal proteins. If, after eating is resumed, distress or gas occurs, go back to the lemonade diet for a few days until the system is ready for food.